We’re great believers in good preparation (and a little procrastination too) so for this year’s Mystery Day we sent out cutting instructions a couple of weeks in advance. This worked very well and was a popular move – everyone arrived ready to sew with their own collections of small bags and boxes containing the relevant pieces –
To make the whole thing a little more mysterious Chris began the day with the instructions for Step Two! This was due to what might politely be called a glitch in Barbara’s preparation in omitting to pack some of the paperwork. You would think that with all the packing and preparing we both do that things like this don’t happen, but you’d be wrong! So, Step Two followed by Step One and then all was back on track. Regular supplies of coffee and tea were produced throughout to assist the stitching process.
Towards the end of the day when everyone had most of their blocks completed we spent a little bit of time looking at some of the possibilities for arranging –
A very successful and productive day – we’re looking forward to seeing some completed tops/quilts very soon!